The doctors and staff at Confederate Woods Animal Hospital are committed to providing you and your canine or feline friend with the finest veterinary care possible, including excellent patient care and also exceptional client service. Our role is to educate you on what is best for your cat or dog, and guide you through the important decisions you need to make when caring for your beloved companion.
For our Ill or Injured patients
Despite the very best preventive care, your pet may develop an illness or be injured. Our skilled doctors, with years of internal medicine and surgical expertise, and our advanced laboratory and diagnostic capabilities, ensure that your canine or feline friend receives a quick and accurate diagnosis. We pride ourselves in taking time to explain your pet’s diagnosis, and explaining the various options for your cat or dog’s treatment.
Please take a look at the medical services we offer to learn more about us. Then call or email us to schedule an appointment today!
During the annual wellness physical examination, we:
- Examine your pet’s teeth, throat, and oral cavity
- Check your pet’s vision and examine the eyes
- Examine their ears for infection or ear mites
- Examine their respiratory system
- Assess your pet’s heart function
- Check their lymph nodes
- Inspect their skin for evidence of parasites
- Palpate/feel the organs in their abdomen, including the liver, spleen, intestines, kidneys, and bladder
- Inspect the skin for new growths or developing growths
- Assess your pet’s hair/fur and check for hair loss or matting
- Examine their joints and muscles for pain or arthritis
- Assess your pet’s body weight body condition/weight
- Monitor your pet’s cell counts, a blood chemistry, and urinalysis to detect early signs of metabolic disease
- Detect Heartworm disease or tick-born illness, such as Lyme disease and Ehrlichiosis
- Collect and examine fecal samples for signs of parasitic infestation
Confederate Woods is Feline Friendly Certified
We are proud to say that our hospital is now Feline Friendly Certified. This is an exclusive certification awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. To earn this certification, our staff members have taken additional steps in training and education to ensure our feline patients have a more positive experience here in our hospital. We are trained to handle our feline patients in a low-stress and empathetic way, creating a happier experience for you and your much-loved feline companion.